Vef day is the dawn of gender liberty. Dawn is the first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours and activities that a given society considers appropriate for females and males. Liberty is the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority and tradition on a person’s way of life, behaviour, pursuits or views. Vefday is founded to clearly define and promote vef. Vefday is a festive occasion that celebrates a predicted coming of Vef to our world. So as to fully appreciate the significance of Vefday it’s firstly necessary to learn about the formulation of the word vef. Vefday is a creation story, a love story.
The necessary criteria for deciding upon a word that will inevitably replace woman.
1. This word must have three letters because the most important words in the English language usually have three letters. Man is one of the most highly regarded words in our language, it has three letters. So any word created to describe adult females should also have three letters if equal value is to be placed on that word. Words that are of significance to humanity and have three letters include air, boy, day, god, him, sky, sun. Vef would make a nice addition to this list.
2. Venus and Mars. Man is usually associated with Mars .. so we say men are from Mars. So isn’t it appropriate to associate vef with Venus and use the same criteria? So then we can say vaf are from Venus (vaf being the plural of vef). The first two letters of Mars are ma .. just as the first two letters of man are ma. The first two letters of Venus are ve .. so therefore it’s appropriate that the first two letters of a word that refers to an adult female are ve. One of the most feminine letters of the English alphabet is f and when it is added to ve which are the first two letters of Venus it gives us our chosen word vef.
3. Another interesting part of the vef formula comes from popular belief that the first man’s name was Adam and the first woman’s name was Eve. Surely vef is a better description of Eve given that it is a three-letter word containing the letters ve. Just as man is a good description of Adam given that man is a three-letter word including the letters ma. Consequently vef is an apt description of Eve.
4. Woman is derived from an old English word (wimman) and means wife + man. Woman implies ‘of man’ and is a word that belongs to man. The word woman is obsolete. Vef belongs to herself. Vef replaces woman. Vaf belong to themselves. Vaf replaces women.
5. The V shape represents a female womb, so isn’t it appropriate that a word devised as an alternative to woman should start with the letter v as in vef?
6. There is a three-letter word club and guess who isn’t in it? Woman is not a three-letter word so women are not allowed to join the three-letter word club. Vef is a three-letter word which enables vaf to become equal members of the three-letter word club.
7. You can read more about how Vef was conceived on Vef day about page.
1. A female human being (as distinguished from man).
2. An adult female person (as distinguished from girl).
3. Feminine nature, characteristics, or feelings: the vef in you -adj. -vefish adj. veflike, vefly adj.
Vef noun = woman
Vaf noun (plural) = women
To be one’s own vef is to be one’s own self with confidence.
Dreams are the fruit of the womb of a vef’s mind.
If you take the letters “fe” out of female then add V for Venus and spell it backwards you get Vef. How could any other word possibly be more appropriate to inevitably replace woman? Yes it’s that simple.
Vef’s awakening occurs on 31st October – this day will be known as Vefday.
Vefday – Celebrating Vef
Vef day is a global community project, which aims to clearly define and promote vef. Vefday is about equality, identity, and liberty. Gender liberty is only possible when social attitudes are harmonious. Written, spoken language is powerful and our way of communicating. Vef equals correct use of language. Vef day is universal and can be adopted by any country. Yes, this day has the potential to change the world. Vef is not about segregation, it’s about bringing together. Vefday celebrates the imminent arrival of Vef on Earth. Isn’t it now time we choose to make Vef our own?
International Vefday 31st October
Donate Become a member Get involved
© Vefday 2013-2014. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without Vefday’s express consent. Backlinks are allowed. Vefday is a non-profit organization.