Vef day is the dawn of gender liberty. Dawn is the first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours and activities that a given society considers appropriate for both female and male sexes. Liberty is the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority and tradition on a person’s way of life. This includes their conduct, pursuits and views. Vefday is founded to acknowledge and promote vef. Vefday is a festive occasion that celebrates a predicted coming of Venus flower to our world. Vef is a creation story, a love story.
Vefday is a fusion of the newly created word vef and day, which is the period of radiance between sunrise and nightfall. A day, in the sense of daytime that is distinguished from night-time, is commonly defined as the period during which sunlight directly reaches the ground. Time is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole. Radiance is the quality of being bright and sending out rays of light. Vefday is an ideology and time of radiance.
So as to understand the significance of Vefday it’s necessary to firstly learn about the birth of the word vef, using the following method.
The vital criteria for deciding upon a word that will inevitably replace woman are.
1. This word has to consist of three letters because often the most important words in English language have a similar amount of characters. Man is a highly regarded word in our vocabulary and it has three letters. So if equal value is to be given to a word that refers to an adult girl, it should also have three letters. Some words that are of significance to humanity and have three letters include air, boy, day, god, him, sky, sun. Oh yes! Vef makes this list complete.
2. Venus and Mars. Man is usually associated with the planet Mars. So we can say “men are from Mars”. So isn’t it proper to use the same criteria and equate vef with Venus? So then we can say “vaf are from Venus” (vaf being plural for vef). The first two letters of Mars are Ma .. just as the first two characters of man are also ma. The first two letters of Venus are Ve .. so perhaps it’s appropriate that ve becomes the first letters of a word that refers to an adult female. One of the most feminine letters in the English alphabet is f and when added to ve it gives us our chosen word vef.
So now I’d like to introduce you to Vef ~ her name means Venus flower. She lives on a distant star. One day soon she will be visiting Earth. Vef has a very important mission to achieve. Preparations are being made for her arrival including the founding of this organization called Vefday. Venus flower has many challenges in front of her. I’m sure she’s up to the task. In good time all will be revealed about Vef.
3. Another interesting part of this formula comes from popular belief that the first man’s name was Adam and the first woman’s name was Eve. Surely vef is a better description of Eve given that it is a three-letter word containing the letters ve. Just as man is a good description of Adam given that man includes the letters ma and is a three-letter word. Vef is consequently a perfect description of Eve.
4. Woman is derived from an old English word (wimman) and means wife + man. Woman implies ‘of man’ and is a word that belongs to man. The word woman is obsolete. Vef belongs to herself. Vef replaces woman. Vaf belong to themselves. Vaf replaces women.
5. The V-shape represents a female vagina so it’s proper that a word conceived as an alternative to woman begins with the letter v as in vef.
6. Further reading on Vefday about page.
1. A female human being (as distinguished from man).
2. An adult female person (as distinguished from girl).
3. Feminine nature, characteristics, or feelings: the vef in you -adj. -vefish adj. veflike, vefly adj.
Vef noun = woman
Vaf noun (plural) = women
Vef allows a young girl to become a liberated adult person of her own making.
Being called a vef is preferable than belonging to a term like woman.
Dreams are the fruit of the womb of a vef’s mind.
When the first letter of flower is added to the first two letters of Venus the result is Vef. How could any other word possibly be more appropriate to replace woman?
Yes it’s that simple.
Vef’s awakening occurs on 31st October – this day will be known as Vefday.
Vefday – Celebrating Vef
Vef day is a global community project which aspires to effectively nurture and praise vef. Vef is about equality, identity and liberty. Gender liberty is only possible when social attitudes are harmonious. Written, spoken language has the ability to greatly influence our lives and it is important that we communicate in a proper way. Vef equals correct use of language. Vefday is universal and can be adopted by any country. Yes! This day has the potential to change the world. Vef is not about segregation, it’s about bringing us together. Vefday celebrates the imminent arrival of Vef on Earth. So now is the precise time to embrace Vef as our own.
International Vefday 31st October
Donate Become a member Get involved
© Vefday 2013-2014. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without Vefday’s express consent. Backlinks are allowed. Vefday is a non-profit organization.